AEM's 8-Channel K-Type Thermocouple EGT CAN Module (PN 30-2224) allows racers and enthusiasts to install eight K-type thermocouple sensors onto their vehicle and transmit all 8 temp channels to a CD Carbon Digital Dash or 3rd Party programmable CAN device via a one-plug CAN bus connection. It connects out of the box to AEM’s CD Digital Dashes and it can be configured to send data to virtually any CAN-based receiving device that has programmable CAN bus capability!
The 8-Channel K-Type EGT CAN Module includes eight K-type thermocouple inputs that use miniature K-type connectors. It accepts up to eight K-type thermocouple sensors which can be used for viewing and logging various temperatures including exhaust gas temps (EGTs), cylinder head temps, pre and post intercooler temps, air temps, water temps, fluid temps, disc brake temps and more. The 8-Channel K-Type EGT CAN Module can be daisy chained to a second module allowing users to receive up to 16 temperature channels through the same CAN bus connection!
Power is supplied from the 4-pin DTM connector when paired with a CD-5 Carbon or CD-7 Digital Dash, but may require wiring to a power source on 3rd party devices that do not provide power from the connected CAN device. AEM provides 4-way DTM-style connector plug in the kit to simplify the connection to non-AEM devices). AEMnet CAN bus extension cables are available separately in 2, 5- and 10-foot lengths.
- Includes 8 K-type thermocouple inputs to accept common K-type thermocouple sensors (sensors sold separately)
- Uses common miniature thermocouple sockets
- Daisy-chain two modules together for up to 16 temp inputs through a single plug!
- Outputs all channels via configurable CAN bus via one-plug connection (DTM-style Connection Cables sold separately in various lengths)
- Pre-configured AEMnet CAN bus for plug & play connection to CD Digital Dashes, Infinity ECUs, and AQ-1 (not compatible with Series 2 at this time)
- Cold junction compensated for lab-grade accuracy (+/- 0.15% full scale)
- Measures temperatures from -200 to 1372 degC (-328 to 2501 degF)
- Temperature resolution 0.1 degC (0.18 degF)
- Integrated open circuit/fault detection
- Includes 8-Channel K-Type EGT CAN Module, 4-Pin DTM-style Connector Plug, instructions and Velcro for in-vehicle mounting